Total Payable: $. Tuition Fees are HST exempt.
3. If any Tuition Fees are not received within one (1) week after being due and payable, then Claremont School reserves the right to immediately suspend the student, until either the overdue balance or the entire remaining balance for the academic year (such choice to be determined in the sole and exclusive discretion of the Principal/Director) is received.
4. II/We acknowledge that Claremont School offers a Structured Literacy/Orton-Gillingham language curriculum for students Grade 1 - 8, and specific remedial intervention for students with dyslexia.
5. I/We acknowledge receipt, review, completion in full, and submission of the following application, upon which we understand Claremont School is relying to its detriment.
6. Both to ensure student success, and to confirm our ability to comprehensively meet student needs, the first one (1) month of a student's enrolment is a probationary period. Claremont School will ensure that each probationary student has reasonable opportunities to demonstrate their abilities, and to actualize their potential. These opportunities will include all of a testing of the student's skills, the student's ability to work in harmony with others, and an assessment of the student's future likelihood to succeed while enrolled in Claremont School. Probationary admission will be reviewed after the completion of one (1) month, and Claremont School will then confirm (or not) the successful completion of this probationary period, and the continued (or not) registration of the student.
7. I/We also acknowledge receipt, review and understanding of, and agreement with Claremont School’s Parent Handbook (School Program and Course Calendar and Safe Schools Policy), Healthy Schools Policy, and Occupational Health and Safety Policy.
8. The student’s enrolment can be terminated only by written notice of cancellation from one party to the other. Said notice shall be hand-delivered or mailed, postage prepaid, registered, return receipt requested, to the other party at the last known address. In the case of cancellation as a result of the student’s expulsion, then Claremont School shall retain the absolutely non-refundable tuition deposit and pro- rated monthly payments for each month or part month of the academic year for which the student was in partial or full attendance, and Claremont School shall refund the net balance of Tuition Fees, if any, for each month of the academic year not yet commenced and so attended, within 3 months after cancellation. Cancellations for any reason other than expulsion do not result in any Tuition Fees refund or balance proration.
9. I/We understand, for the safety and security of all students and staff, that Claremont School and its agents reserve the right at any time or times, with or without notice, to conduct physical searches of the student’s locker, backpack or any personal storage space and of his or her personal property, and I/we irrevocably consent to such searches.
10. I/We understand that there are always risks of student personal injury (temporary, permanent, or fatal), and damage to personal property, because of the activity-based academic, outdoor adventure and experiential, physical activity, and sports components of the school programme. I/we acknowledge, accept, and assume these risks, and unequivocally and expressly consent to the above student’s full participation in all of the above programme components.
11. During the above student’s enrolment at Claremont School, I/we authorize and appoint the Principal/Director of Claremont School and her agents:
12. Claremont School is not responsible for the delay or failure to perform any of its obligations if that delay or failure is the result of an unforeseen event beyond the reasonable control of Claremont School (hereinafter referred to as a force majeure event). For the purposes of this paragraph, a force majeure event is agreed to be any act, occurrence, condition, or event beyond the control of Claremont School that materially affects the performance of Claremont School’s obligations under this agreement that could not reasonably have been foreseen or provided against. Such events include, but are not limited to: acts of God; acts of governmental authority; acts of terrorism; brownouts; diseases; epidemics; endemics; fires; insurrections; military, national, or provincial declarations of emergency; natural disasters (including severe inclement weather); pandemics; power outages and interruptions; quarantines; riots; strikes; wars; and work stoppages and slowdowns. In the event of a force majeure event, all parents do hereby for themselves, their heirs, executors, administrators, successors, insurers and assigns release and forever discharge Claremont School, its administrators, successors, assigns, insurers, officials, officers, employees, servants and agents from any and all actions, causes of action, claims and demands for, upon or by reason of any damage, loss or injury, to person and property, including economic and monetary (tuition and other) loss, which may be sustained in consequence of the force majeure event. All parents agree not to make any claim or to take any proceedings against any other person or corporation who might claim contribution or indemnity from Claremont School.
13. This Registration Agreement and all of the documents referred to herein constitute the entire agreement between the contracting parties concerning the subject matter hereof. All prior agreements, discussions, representations, warranties and covenants are merged herein. There are no warranties, representations, covenants or agreements, expressed or implied, between the parties except those expressly set forth in this agreement. Any amendments or modifications of this agreement must be in writing and must be executed by the contracting parties.
14. I/We acknowledge that I/we have read and understand this Registration Agreement, and acknowledge that I/we have had sufficient opportunity prior to signing to obtain independent legal advice with respect to it.
Personal information is collected under the authority of Ontario's Education Act, and will be used for the establishment (if necessary) and maintenance of the Ontario Student Record in accordance with The Ontario Student Record(OSR) Guideline, 2000. Access to the OSR may be obtained by written request directed to the Principal/Director.
I/We acknowlege having read and understood the 2023-24 Parent Handbook:
*IF YOUR CHILD IS TRANSPORTED BY A COMPANY, PLEASE PROVIDE PHOTO ID OF ALL DRIVERS, THE DRIVER’S LICENCE, COMPANY NAME AND CONTACT NUMBERS. PLEASE KEEP YOUR CHILD’S SCHEDULE.
Leave this empty:
Your legal name
Your email address
Signed by Evelyn Reiss
Signed On: 2024-02-22
If you have questions about the contents of this document, you can email the document owner.
Document Name: Registration Agreement II
Agree & Sign